Course for Health
MiMi Health Guides
In the course “MiMi-GesundheitslotsInnen für OÖ” (“MiMi Health Guides for Upper Austria”) people with a migrant background can study to become experts in the health industry.
After their training, they are to educate other migrants about the healthcare system and health-related topics.
MiMi is a project by Volkshilfe Refugee and Migrant Support and migrare – Centre for Migrants.
The MiMi project is offered in cooperation with Volkshilfe Vienna and the Ethno-Medizinisches Zentrum (EMZ).
Who can become a health guide?
Migrants between the ages of 20 and 60
with good German skills, who
- would like to continue learning
- are socially committed and motivated
- have access to other migrants in their environment
- are open to people from other cultures
- enjoy speaking in front of others and would like to hold informational events
What happens at an informational event?
The health guides inform other migrants in their native language about the Austrian healthcare system or other health-related topics.
Can I book an informational event?
Yes you can. The events are free for you.