Office for Barrier-free Building and Living
What does the Office for Barrier-free Building and Living do?
Many people only move with difficulty or need a wheelchair.
Most flats have narrow doors, too many steps or furniture that is too high. These are barriers. That is a problem for people with disabilities. It would be much better to build without barriers. This is then called barrier-free.
The Office for Barrier-free Building and Living helps people
- to plan barrier-free flats and houses
- to finance the rebuilding
- to find the right craftsmen and women
An employee comes to the house to advise the people.
Who needs the help of the Office for Barrier-free Building and Living?
- People with disabilities
- Older people
- Young people, who build a house in which they want to live until they are old
- Companies, which build and let housing
What does the advice cost?
The advice is free.