Numbers and Facts
Volkshilfe was founded in 1947.
1,800 employees work at Volkshilfe in Upper Austria, in 33 different professions.
The annual revenues of Volkshilfe in Upper Austria totalled more than 70 million euros in 2015.
Taking into consideration the employees and revenues, Volkshilfe is thus among the largest and most important companies in Upper Austria.
Volkshilfe operates in all districts of Upper Austria.
These are the main areas we work in:
- We provide care and support for old and sick people.
- We care for children, young people and adults with disabilities.
- We support young people, men and women finding work.
- We help people, who have had to flee war zones and disaster areas.
- We work against poverty and help people living in poverty.
- We go onto the streets and campaign for more justice.