Integration through Work
Working and living in Austria
Volkshilfe Refugee and Migrant Support has various projects for integrating people who qualify for asylum in Austria. They help them with starting out both in Austria and in the job market.
The project Integration durch Arbeit (Integration through Work) is for people who qualify for asylum or subsidiary protection. They have sought protection in Austria and are allowed to remain. As of this time, they are allowed to work.
Volkshilfe accompanies and supports them in finding a job. This service is also offered in their native language.
The project Integration durch Arbeit offers support in training, qualification, and work.
We help with training and qualification
- Searching for the right education: school and courses
- Consultation for recognition and equality of qualifications already possessed:
for people who completed their education in their home country
We help on the job market
- Searching for a job or apprenticeship
- Help with the application and interview
- Help with problems at work
- Help with questions about labour law
- Help if you lose your job
How can I get involved?
First you must register with the job market service (AMS – Arbeitsmarktservice) that you are seeking work.
The job market service may then send you to us.